Saturday, August 22, 2015

August Net Worth

One thing I love about the financial community is that everyone is open about where they are and where they want to be. Currently I'm at -65,695 Net Worth. J$ and many other bloggers post their Net Worth to keep each other accountable and watch their positive net worth grow. Mine will be published monthly at  rockstarfinance.com. Thanks to everyone reading from over there!

Net Worth is calculated by the formula of Assets - Debts. As you guys know, I have a much larger amount of debts, which is shown by the negative Net Worth. My formula is pretty basic. It is, my (savings + checking) - (student loans + auto loan).

Next month it should go up due to loan payments. One thing of note is that I have included my auto loan but not the value of the car in assets. Honestly, I didn't get a great deal on it, but maybe I'll add it in later. Also, I have a smidge put away in retirement, but really not enough to add as an asset.

Enjoy a frugal Saturday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment